Sunday, August 5, 2012

TGVCU day 1

So day one was minimal against all comparisons, but still quite productive and relieving.  Great way to start off the project.  Under new guidance from the flylady, I am learning and refreshing my cleaning skills.  I am taking baby steps and decluttering every chance I get.

Anyways, back to day one.  For over a year I have been upset by the realization of my oldest daughters' experimentation with their sewing machine and a handy mini machine that my mother had sent me, and the subsequent destruction of both machines.  I had spent half a day a while back trying to fix their machine, to no avail.  This was all the more upsetting because my machine was giving me fits and I wouldn't feel peace until I had a dependable working machine in the house.  Peace arrived on day 1.  In an attempt to hang out with my husband on the couch, I looked around disaster central and thought maybe I could work on the handy machine so that I felt a sense of accomplishment even though I wasn't working "in" the room.  I was ecstatic when after reading the directions and familiarizing myself with the machine, I was able to successfully sew a seam!  Hooray!



No comments:

Post a Comment